Pages


Followers

Friday 19 October 2012

Metal Squares

I made this card for my Grandson's 18th and am entering it into Emma's October challenge
"Happy Birthday Brian"

I cut out 1 inch squares in silver mirror and grey card  embossed the silver with my little dots folder used my stapler to make crosses on the grey.(this took forever you had to get it just right, but I am pleased with the result) I used large letters stamped, and  embossed in clear embossing powder then I turned silver gems turned upside down , this way they looked more like metal. mounted all on black dot card with key and 18 , Happy Birthday .
I was very pleased with the end result and my grandson loved it.

8 comments:

jane stillman said...

A great card Carol Ann, thank you for taking part in Emma's crafty challenge, good luck x

Wendy H said...

What a lovely card, Carol. It must have taken you ages, it loooks very intricate. I love the monochrome effect. Glad your Grandson liked it. Wendy. xx

Sylvia Anderson said...

Lovely card Sweetie, Thank you for joining in Emmas crafty challenge, Good luck x

Linda Simpson said...

What a fabulous and unusual card. I am not surprised your grandson loved it!!!

Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Such a great card Carol . I love the tile effect . Fab xx

Cookie said...

a fantastic card, its so different, i too love the monochrome look, and i can seee why your grandson loved it, Its brilliant, Good luck sweetie xxx

Carol said...

This must have taken a great deal of time to get right , the staple affect is so puuuurrrfect too x

Unknown said...

Fabulous card for our challenge, Carol, thank so much for playing along, Good Luck xxxx